May 9th, 2020
Party Favorz is dropping a surprise peak hour party mix that shakes up our normal release schedule. "Wanna Go Dancin'" is packed to the hilt with slamming new Tech House tracks, a smattering of Bass House, and a healthy serving of deeper House Music tracks that ride the happy train.
Kicking things off are two well-known 90's classics reworked for today's dance floor. King Joshua's "Professional Widow" is a new version that evokes the original Tori Amos/Armand Van Helden collaboration with new vocals, while The Cube Guys stay true to the original version of the monster track "Plastic Dreams" and adding their own modern-day flavor to this classic.
Kevin McKay & Moreno Pezzolato have been dropping massive floor bombs lately and their rework of the 49er's House music classic "Touch Me" hits it dead on. Kevin's "Such A Good Feeling" is reminiscent of another classic but I can't quite put my finger on it as of this writing.
There are so many updated or sampled classics in this set it's mind-boggling how they translate so well into today's music scene. Jake Would's "Pump It" delivers a housed up version of "Pump Up the Jam," while Brothers of Funk deliver an alternate Breaks version of the same song using a different sample called "Make My Day." Michael Gray take's on the disco classic "Push (In the Bush" by Musique, and JL & Afterman take on the unexpected "Should I Stay or Should I Go" by the Clash and deliver a massive floor-filler that would get anyone bouncing. Someone's been digging into mom and dad's record collection.
DO IT IN A DISCO
Perhaps the two biggest surprises are the Carlos and Vicente Fas remake of the 1980 disco classic "Funkytown" by Lipps, Inc. This is song is no stranger to being reworked but once again, taking a silly disco song and turning it into a floor favorite for a new generation is no easy task. It's no wonder it sat atop the DJs top downloaded list for several weeks.
This leads me to one other dance classic from 1979. Ian Ossia takes on the "M" New Wave dance classic "Pop Muzik" titled "Living In a Disco" and does wonders with the song. While he kept the original 120 bpm of the original, I sped it up to give it an easier flow. I've never heard anyone attempt to sample or rework this song so for me this is a big deal. Sadly, none of the other DJs felt the same way I did about this remix so I'll let y'all decide.
Absent of new material, Missy Elliot's "Get Ur Freak On" gets another House music rework by Nader Razdar, which is always a guaranteed hit no matter how many spins you put on this Hip Hop classic.
HOT ORIGINAL TRACKS
You might think this set is all about classic reworks but it's not. ATFC gets straight to the heart of this set with "Tech House Kinda Thing," and Joshwa delivers the floor-stomper "Magic" Brokenears is on fire with "Keep Control" (not to be confused with the recently reworked Sono classic) and Teejay Walton with the help of Mr. V bring it home with "After Midnight."
Camelphat, which has been on a roll since their massive 2017 hit "Cola," are riding high with another sleeper hit "For A Feeling." They seem to gravitate towards these Indie tracks and rework them into these really deep somber grooves. For me, I call these suicide songs because as good as they are — they tend to really drag me down into a state of depression. I'm not knocking their formula because obviously it works but it's not what the world needs at this very moment.
Fortunately, I dropped that track towards the end and sandwiched it between the two uplifting tracks "Sundown" by Biscuits and the breaks track "Just Hold On" by Sub Focus & Wilkinson because I want to leave listeners with a sense of hope — not despair.
To their credit, Camelphat also has the floor-friendly "Freak" out which has a more upbeat vibe that's included here as well.
The production team to keep an eye on are Earth N Days out of Hungary. These guys are sitting on one of the biggest sleeper hits going into summer with everybody's House music favorite "Just Be Good To Me." I'm totally feeling what they've been laying down and included their "Soulshakin'" which further proves just how talented these guys are. This song falls on the brighter side of House Music but has just enough dark elements that make it fit perfectly within the confines of "Wanna Go Dancin'." I fully expect to be hearing more from this duo in the coming years.
Finally, Frank Wah always seems to deliver a more optimistic view in his Breaks originals. "Come Together" is no different and I'm always excited to see what he drops next.
Ultimately, it's Party Favorz goal to steer listeners in a direction that uplifts, provides hope, and keeps a smile on your face in the process. The economic numbers of this pandemic are not looking good but I'm trying to view our situation through a more positive lens. That doesn't mean we aren't allowed to be somber and reflect as I've resurrected the "Chill Out" section of this site.
If you dig back to the first four sets I put out under this genre — you'll find my masterpieces or "The Wall" — especially "The World We Live In" and "Lean Forward," which were created at a time I was in a really dark place. Some of the sets are much lighter, while others lean towards a darker vibe. These are really difficult to put together but I do plan on putting something out sometime in the summer if that's your kinda thing.
Finally, our schedule is a bit thrown off because the main DJ service I use recently went through an overhaul and is still being updated. While my plans are to get out new Dance Club, Circuit & Anthems, and a Disco House set they will be slightly delayed. My release schedule will be a bit wonky and I may be releasing stuff in the middle of the week starting the week after next to ensure I get everything in before Pride month begins.
Everything is still open and I'll see how I'm going to proceed but just know that I won't let you down. I'm your humble servant doing my best to ensure your happiness is my only goal. Until the next time...ENJOY!
Album: Wanna Go Dancin'
Genre: Peak Hour, Tech House, Bass House, Breaks
1. King Joshua - Professional Widow (Original Mix)
2. The Cube Guys - Plastic Dreams 2020 (Cubed Remix 2020)
3. Martin Ikin + Sammy Porter - Back To Funk (Extended Mix)
4. Kevin McKay & Moreno Pezzolato - Touch Me (Extended Mix)
5. Kevin McKay - Such a Good Feeling (Extended Mix)
6. Mart & Under Sanctions - Pump Up The Volume (Extended Mix)
7. Heller & Farley Project - Ultra Flava (David Penn Extended Remix)
8. ATFC - Tech House Kinda Thing (Original Mix)
9. Franky Wah - Come Together (Extended Mix)
10. Joshwa - Magic (Extended Mix)
11. Jake Would - Pump It (Original Mix)
12. JL & Afterman feat. Daddy Kool - Should I Stay Or Should I Go (2020 Retouch)
13. Michael Gray - Push (In The Bush) (Original Club Mix)
14. Lipps, Inc. - Funkytown (Carlos Fas & Vicente Fas 2020 Remix)
15. Love Regenerator x Eli Brown - Moving (Extended Mix)
16. Guz - U Got My Love (Extended Mix)
17. FISHER - Wanna Go Dancin' (Extended Mix)
18. Nader Razdar - Get Ur Freak On (Kevin McKay Extended Remix)
19. Marcus Knight & Tash Knight - Who Do You Love (Original Club Mix)
20. Andrea Giudice & Larry Cadge - Baby (Mark Knight Rework)
21. Tyga x Curtis Roach - Bored In The House (David Puentez VIP Edit)
22. Earth N Days - Soulshakin' (Original Mix)
23. Ian Ossia - Living In A Disco (Original Mix)
24. CamelPhat feat Cari Golden - Freak (Original Mix)
25. Teejay Walton feat. Mr. V - After Midnight (Original Mix)
26. Brokenears - Keep Control (Extended Mix)
27. Brothers Of Funk - Make My Day (Original Mix)
28. Ewan McVicar - Street Rave (Original Mix)
29. Biscits - Sundown (Original Mix)
30. CamelPhat x ARTBAT feat. Rhodes - For A Feeling (Extended Mix)
31. Sub Focus & Wilkinson - Just Hold On (Original Mix)